Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fantasy Flight Makes Elder Sign into a Video Game

Fantasy Flight has decided to make their new release Elder Sign into a video game. This is actually something I'm very happy about, for many reasons, not least of which is that if Elder Sign does well in this form we may see other Fantasy Flight games released in video game form, which means that I can continue hoping for an electronic Arkham Horror among other things.

Elder Sign is a terrific choice for this, and in computer form the unclear rules issues should easily be cleared up (and heck, we can resolve those issues in the tabletop form just by seeing how the computer game handles it, so that's killing two birds with one stone)! You are losing some things with this approach, though--most notably, you only get one Ancient One to play against, Azathoth, but additionally you're limited to four players. Still, a video game version of Elder Sign is an easy purchase for me. My issues with rules clarity aside (which, again, won't apply in computerized form), Elder Sign is well-designed, quick-playing, and exciting, and an easy fit for a video game.

Best of luck to Fantasy Flight Games as they dip their toe into a new field here, and I hope to see more of this in the future!

EDIT (1/20/2012): I've played the game, and they did a great job! I hope to see them release more Ancient Ones in the future, and it doesn't work identically to the board/card game (which has also been cleaned up quite a bit by a recent FAQ release), but it's a terrific conversion and I hope to see FFG do more video game versions of their games in the future. I love the games Fantasy Flight makes, but setup is frequently pretty lengthy and complicated...being able to play the games without going through all the setup and cleanup would be terrific!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar