Oh my goodness! I have four, maybe five new followers...and all at once! Thank you! Could it be that adorable little mouse with lint in his little whiskers? :) Whatever the reason, I appreciate you very much!
Got an update here on my ball of string...
Can you believe this is every string off every bag of animal feed we've bought since moving into our little log cabin here in the woods, in 1989.
Can't help but smile and think about mama every time I add a string. You know how mamas are.
Way back when the string ball was about the size of a wad of gum, I was proudly showing mama and telling her my plan to save every string. She said, with a serious voice, "Well, I don't blame you. You never know when you might need a little piece of string". That makes me laugh, and makes me miss her.
Pretty dumb of me not weighing or measuring the ball. It 's hard to tell much difference looking at the pictures.
Anyhow, been busy in the sewing room trying to get things made before the next craft show in November.
Thought a few little girl's pinafores from this old pattern might sell good again...
but what tattered, ragged old pattern pieces. (have two of these patterns)...
So I made a folder from an old feed bag (whatever would I do without those feed bags :)) anyhow I pulled out every pattern piece, pressed them with a warm iron then put each piece in numerical order and in the folder! That was more fun than sewing!
and speaking again of figs...
one more ripe one hiding near the top. Surprisingly, the fig tree put out a second crop...
which I doubt will ripen before the first frost.
Guess that's about it. Oh, from the teeny tiny pantry window...
Hope to be back here real soon.
Love,
Henny
Got an update here on my ball of string...
| 2019 |
![]() |
| 2015 |
Way back when the string ball was about the size of a wad of gum, I was proudly showing mama and telling her my plan to save every string. She said, with a serious voice, "Well, I don't blame you. You never know when you might need a little piece of string". That makes me laugh, and makes me miss her.
Anyhow, been busy in the sewing room trying to get things made before the next craft show in November.
Thought a few little girl's pinafores from this old pattern might sell good again...
but what tattered, ragged old pattern pieces. (have two of these patterns)...
So I made a folder from an old feed bag (whatever would I do without those feed bags :)) anyhow I pulled out every pattern piece, pressed them with a warm iron then put each piece in numerical order and in the folder! That was more fun than sewing!
and speaking again of figs...
one more ripe one hiding near the top. Surprisingly, the fig tree put out a second crop...
which I doubt will ripen before the first frost.
Guess that's about it. Oh, from the teeny tiny pantry window...
Hope to be back here real soon.
Love,
Henny


0 Yorumlar