Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

On Capturing Spring


I'm so happy it's Spring! The season makes me want all things airy and bright.



Everything flowy and sheer appeals to me, and reminds me of a blossoming peach tree that once stood in my yard all backlit in the morning sun.


My three room cottage turned out to be only transitional, but it was a new beginning, springlike, and full of the blossoming future.



I found myself wishing I was a painter each time I looked out on those sunlit blossoms in the early day.



But I never even took a picture. 



I can probably see that tree in my mind far clearer than in any photo I might have taken.



Some things are simply beyond capture.
 And Spring is one.










THE Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring-cleaning his little home. . . . Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing. It was small wonder, then, that he suddenly flung down his brush on the floor, [and] said `Bother!'

The Riverbank, The Wind in  the Willows, Kenneth Grahame


Wishing you a happy start to Spring!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

Be sure to visit
for Cottage Monday

for Good Life


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar