This has definitely been the Year of the Mannequin for Mr. Karswell, as last week I scored yet another bare and slightly bruised beauty from a local antique mall at a ridiculously low price of $40. Unfortunately missing her bottom half and all of her limbs, my friend came to the rescue a few days later and hooked me up with some arms, though minus the hands which are apparently very hard to find (see the end of this post.) And after much online research and some super knowledgable input from a couple of the finest mannequin experts in the midwest (thank you Brad and Clint), it turns out she's a late 70's Decter mannequin, and possibly from their incredible line of roller disco themed "KnockOuts." And since it is October, I immediately set to work getting her ready for Halloween with some hair, a mask, choker, and most importantly some hands, which are basically just my elbow length skeleton gloves that I've already had for over a decade now. I think keeping her topless, though covered, adds a bit of Lady Godiva loveliness meets Devilman Lady mystery = Lady Godevil. She looks pretty damn good, does everyone not agree?














0 Yorumlar