I am reminded of the lazy days of Summer when we sat in the backyard of the house next to our greenhouses cooling ourselves under the shade of these old trees that have been there since George's grandparents lived there.
The wildflowers at the Park that was once the site of the old town dump.... Overlooks one of the coves from the Connecticut River. A wildlife viewing area full of native birds of the river.
Looking through my files and files of pictures I realized that as these images were at one time fresh in my mind. I had comfort in knowing that I had a window of time to recapture their beauty......I took them for granted.
Soon the leaves of the trees will turn rust,orange and red with the advent of cooler nights and will fall to the ground.
The flowers will dry and their seeds will scatter in the wind. Bedding themselves in the soil and sleeping thru the Winter til it becomes time to burst forth and sprout and start anew.
I have spent little time this year on my own garden ......maybe blogging too much has been the reason. I read today a fellow blogger pronouncing the same claim. Joan if you read this I feel your pain....or your "gardens pain". Planters gone unplanted, weeds not pulled, deadheading ignored. Yes a garden is always in need of attention. No such thing as a NO maintenance yard. Whether you are an ardent gardener, weekend gardener or not a gardener at all but own a patch of ground you will agree that it takes some work.
So for my Labor Day Weekend in the evenings. I will be laboring in my garden and glad to do it. There's nothing more satisfying then working in my own yard!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend too.
Carole

0 Yorumlar